|Job description||Oversight and implementation of project financial operations in compliance with EU financial regulations; management and administration of sub-granting component of the project|
|Job title||Financial and Grants Manager|
|Coalition to Stop Violence against Women
“Women human rights defenders stepping up against gender based violence in Armenia”
|Contract duration||February 15, 2020 — January 31, 2022 with a possibility of extension|
|Working hours||70% involvement|
|Deadline for submissions||February 10, 2020|
- Ensuring establishment, oversight and management of the project financial systems
- Supervising and managing project accounting and financial operations in compliance with EU financial regulations
- Managing and supporting the payment process for project activities, carrying out monitoring of advances and ensuring the proper use and management of the financial resources of the project, in line with the requirements of the EU
- Developing internal financial policies and ensuring timely interim, year-end and final financial reporting
- Providing support and guidance to Project accountant and Coalition member organization’s accountants in order to ensure their financial operations and reports are in line with EU regulations
- Preparing grant agreements, ensuring required documentation completion as per the agreement and ensuring diligent follow-up on grant reports
- Ensuring periodic monitoring and evaluation of awarded sub-grants in cooperation with the Project Director
- Hiring and working with project’s auditors
- Working closely with Project Director, Project Assistant, Coalition’s coordinator and accountant
- Participating in Coalition’s capacity building trainings including outside of the project
- Reporting to Coalition’s coordinator and the Board of directors
- Contributing to the growth, administrative and financial development of the Coalition as a unity of NGOs working on women’s rights and gender issues.
Required knowledge and experience
- Bachelo՛rs degree in finance, economics or related field
- At least 4 years experience in project financial management for local NGOs or institutions
- Strong knowledge of EU financial regulations and policies is required
- Direct working experience in managing the finances of EU-supported projects is required
- Familiarity with grants management and project finance management, including financial controls, accounting, auditing and financial reporting
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Relevant experience in the area of sub-grants management, preferably with NGOs, including experience in financial monitoring, budgetary systems and controls
- Good level of Armenian and English is required
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Great sense of commitment and ability to work in a flexible and resilient environment
- Gender sensitivity and desire to bring about a positive change in the field of women’s rights.
Please send us your CV, a motivation letter and contact details of 2 referees to [email protected] email address. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your letter.
The deadline for submissions is February 10. Late submissions will not be reviewed. Due to high number of applications, we will contact only applicants who will proceed to the interview stage.