“Women’s Support Centre” NGO
Terms of Reference
Local & International Experts for developing and reviewing Police procedures
Project: Women human rights defenders stepping up against gender based violence in Armenia funded by the European Union
This project will be implemented jointly with the Coalition to Stop Violence against Women with the financial support of the European Union for the period of seven months (March – October 2021).
The aim of the project is to contribute to the adoption of necessary procedures by the State to prevent and protect women from DV/GBV and increase State’s capacities to provide effective, sensitive and multi-sectorial response to DV/GBV.
The objective of this Terms of Reference is to explore the police procedures concerning the DV/GBV in the frame of“Women human rights defenders stepping up againstgender based violence in Armenia” funded by the European Union project.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of project’s coordinator Maro Matosian, the selected experts will be responsible to assist the project coordinator in developing and reviewing the police procedures, including meetings with police and discussion with the specialists in this field.
The selected experts should develop and review the police procedures and offer the necessary amendments for the reforms.
Local expert should:
- Explore the police procedures
- Discuss the shortcomings with the international expert
- Offer and present amendments
- Finalize and develop full package of police procedures together with international expert
International expert should:
- Review the police procedures
- Supervise the local expert
- Offer and present amendments
- Finalize and develop full package of police procedures together with local expert
- Develop and review the police procedures
- Communicate with social workers and lawyers working with DV/GBV survivors
- Collaborate with the State and police for improving the procedures
The communications need to be well-targeted, structured and effective․
The local and international experts should have:
- a) Qualification in the field of DV/GBV
- b) A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the related field
- c) Experience in working with police for DV cases
- d) Capability and proven experience in working with DV/GBV mechanisms in Armenia
- e) Gender Sensitivity
- f) Ability and proven experience in multi-tasking, in taking initiative and working effectively under pressure
- g) Familiarity with international best practices
- h) Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skillsThe local expert is expected to be available throughout the duration of the project to produce and make available the various deliverables as per an established 7-month project and the international expert for 3-months.
Interested local and International experts must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- A detailed Proposal and Portfolio of past experience
- Cover letter explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for this assignmentApplications should be submitted by no later than 5 pm on 27 February 2021 through an email titled Development of Police procedures to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Estimated Start Date of Contract: 1 March 2021